Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Job Title:||Hospice Aide (CNA)|
|Job Ref No:||1432803|
|Job Role:||CNA / HHA|
As a Home Health-Hospice Aide at AseraCare Hospice, you know hospice care is a journey, not an end. That's why you'll nurture our patients, providing comprehensive support to make life easier. Partnering with AseraCare spiritual care coordinators, social workers and counselors, you'll empower family members and other caregivers to work with patients, enacting a team approach to care on every level. Each day, you will provide personal care, assist with mobility, and maintain a clean and comfortable living environment. Patients' individual care plans will be a constant focus as you set high standards and go to any length to ensure the most peaceful experience for all. You know how hard life can be during these times for patients and their families.
We are seeking individuals with a minimum of one year of experience who are independent, accountable, and can think on their feet in an ever-changing environment. Ideal Home Health-Hospice Aide candidates should also have:
Under the direct supervision of a registered nurse, provides personal care for the patient and assists with activities of daily living. Supports the Provider Relations activities of the organization.
Essential Job Functions
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be certified by the state as a home health aide from an approved training program as required by state and federal regulations.
- Successfully completes the agency Home Health Aide Competency Exam.
- Maintains CPR certification.
- Must have 24-hour access to a motor vehicle and maintain personal auto liability insurance coverage.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license.
- , pass post-offer drug test and pass post-employment physical exam if required.
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding patient and company proprietary information.
- Must have the ability to relate professionally and positively and work cooperatively with other employees at all levels.
- Must possess computer skills at a level necessary to accomplish the job
Job: CNA / Aide
Primary Location: Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh
Shift: Day Job
Department Address: 300 Penn Center BlvdSuite 602
Department City: Pittsburgh
Department State: PA
Department Zipcode: 15235
Helping our patients and their families to feel as comfortable as possible during a stressful and emotional time is at the heart of everything we do at AseraCare. We know the value of managing hospice and palliative care as a journey, not an end, and of focusing our efforts on the whole person rather than simply treating the disease. We believe the hospice care journey is about compassion, commitment, and dignity. And for the dedicated professionals who share our vision, we offer career resources and opportunities that are second to none, helping you build a career that is every bit as rewarding as it is challenging. Choose your path. Set your goals. We will work with you to help you define your own success. You make excellence in hospice care and palliative medicine possible. That's why at AseraCare, our commitment to our patients starts with you.