Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Job Title:||Coordinator Spiritual Care|
|Job Ref No:||1485451|
You appreciate our team approach to hospice care as a Spiritual Care Coord at AseraCare Hospice. That's because you know how to provide the best care to our patients and their families. Rather than treating the disease, we treat the whole person and that's why it's so important to have an expansive support network. So by providing support in your area of expertise, you will make a meaningful contribution to quality hospice care. Use your talent to make a difference today a Spiritual Care Coord at AseraCare Hospice with a wide variety of responsibilities each and every day.
Are you ready to offer your expertise and experience to assist our objectives? You'll work to optimize customer satisfaction during these invaluable moments. Ideal Spiritual Care Coord candidates should also have:
Responsible for the assessment of spiritual and religious needs of the patient and family and for arranging for the provision of spiritual and religious support in accordance with the wishes of the patient and family. Supports the Provider Relations activities of the organization.
Essential Job Functions
- A degree in ministry, psychology, theology, or counseling from an accredited college, university, or divinity school is recommended unless a State regulation deems it as a requirement to participate or for audit purposes. Professional experience in a religious agency or institution may be considered in lieu of a formalized education.
- At least one year of supervised experience in a medical, educational, or religious agency or institution- Hospice/Home Health experience preferred.
- CPR certified.
- Minimum of five years' progressive experience such as working with death and dying, providing comfort in an interfaith setting to individual/family/caregiver.
- Experience in recruiting, training, and supervising volunteers preferred.
- Must have 24-hour access to a motor vehicle and maintain personal auto liability insurance coverage.
- Must have valid driver's license.
- Must meet all local health regulations, pass post-offer drug test and pass post-employment physical exam if required.
- Must be capable of performing the essential job functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of and commitment to Hospice Philosophy of care; accepts different lifestyles, cultures, beliefs and values.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding patient and company proprietary information.
- Must be able to relate professionally and positively and work cooperatively with the agency's interdisciplinary team, corporate staff and other employees at all levels.
- Must possess computer skills at a level necessary to accomplish the job
Job: Social Services
Primary Location: Virginia, Charlottesville
Shift: Day Job
Department Address: 1415 Rolkin CourtSuite 203
Department City: Charlottesville
Department State: VA
Department Zipcode: 22911
Helping our patients and their families to feel as comfortable as possible during a stressful and emotional time is at the heart of everything we do at AseraCare. We know the value of managing hospice and palliative care as a journey, not an end, and of focusing our efforts on the whole person rather than simply treating the disease. We believe the hospice care journey is about compassion, commitment, and dignity. And for the dedicated professionals who share our vision, we offer career resources and opportunities that are second to none, helping you build a career that is every bit as rewarding as it is challenging. Choose your path. Set your goals. We will work with you to help you define your own success. You make excellence in hospice care and palliative medicine possible. That's why at AseraCare, our commitment to our patients starts with you.